Mar 14, 2010

The Daily Beast

To counteract the past few posts, I present the Daily Beast's Women in the World Summit coverage. There are some amazing videos on there. And they cover some great topics. And I appreciate that they had a man participating as well. I think that so often there are men who use their power for such productive, powerful things and they get overshadowed by (drumroll please...) the giant, more forceful men who can literally and metaphorically elbow the world and the women and the gentler men/people out of their way to get their priorities taken care of, often knocking those behind them completely down or at least setting them back a few years/decades/centuries. And that is not to completely ignore the women who do similar things (SARAH PALIN I SEE YOU FROM RUSSIA)...

Anyway, point is that there are some amazingly heart wrenching, useful, inspirational, funny, uplifting, terrifying things on this page and it is worth checking out.

The end.

Just kidding, I have more to say... I learned about this on Jezebel (surprise!) and the post itself and the reader comments about female genital cutting (FGC) were enlightening to me. The video is hard to watch, but worth it.

Ugh. I am a lucky lady. That much I know.

The end. For reals.

No comments:

Post a Comment