Mar 11, 2009

jesus

I am so disturbed by this Brazilian-rape-abortion situation. THIS IS A CHILD WE ARE TALKING ABOUT! What is wrong with these fucking rigid, abusive assholes? AND THE VATICAN CONTINUES TO SUPPORT THEM!! They excommunicated the girls' family, the entire medical team that worked on her, and while they are unable to excommunicate children, I'm sure they would have if they could have. But, BUT, they did not excommunicate the rapist, the girl's stepfather who had been abusing her since she was six. Here is their reasoning: "A graver act than (rape) is abortion, to eliminate an innocent life." I talk about murdering people for pancakes a lot; I am lying. But I seriously think if I ever came face to face with the Archbishop of Brazil I would do anything I could to hurt him and I would do it with absolutely no guilt. Should this man ever have to experience a fraction of what that little girl went through, then I hope he realizes the power of his words. The doctor who performed the abortion makes a good point though, and it is the only upside to this story-- he is grateful the church kicked him out and caused all this controversy because it is bringing to light Brazil's abortion laws and the medical disasters caused by them. From Jezebel.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the doctor continues to champion the insanity of this- absolutely crazy.

    ReplyDelete