Mar 20, 2009

Maria, Maria, MARIAAAAAA!

Holy shit. West Side Story is back on Broadway. I knew this. I did. But I continue to get excited about it approximately every time I think about it. I love West Side Story, always have. I can sing every single song and I could probably attempt every single dance (though it would look a lot like a frog attempting to do a pirouette). Sometimes I ask Papa Gold to please attempt to get tickets to this show because I have never been more excited about anything really. And he does attempt that, because he loves me. Except, shitty balcony seats cost $185 plus fees EACH, and he certainly doesn't love me that much. If anybody on Broadway actually learned anything from their show they would know that keeping the kids off the street and in a contained space would actually solve a lot of problems. Charging that much per ticket will certainly drive me to snap my fingers obsessively and hang out in a parking garage. Officer Krupke would not approve. The fuckers are driving me into a life of crime. I'm depraved on account I'm deprived. Anyway, here's a review. I haven't read it yet because I am lazy. But at some point in the near future I WILL see this fucking show. NYT review. Please read and report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment